22 January 2013
Latham & Watkins’ Global Mergers and Acquisitions and Private Equity Practice Groups advised on more than 370 announced deals totaling more than US $292 billion in deal value to close 2012 with several Top 5 rankings across Bloomberg, mergermarket and Thomson Reuters globally and across different regions. The firm led 2012 Global and US PE deals by value, and this is the second year in a row that the firm led Global Mid-Market M&A deals by value.
Highlights of the rankings include:
- #2 in US M&A by value ($164.8 billion)
- #5 in Global M&A by value ($239 billion)
- #1 for Private Equity in the US. and #1 for PE Globally by value ($26.9 billion and $36.7 billion, respectively)
- #1 in the US and #1 Globally for Mid-Market M&A by value
- #1 in the US and #2 Globally for Mid-Market Private Equity by value