May 23, 2018
Latham & Watkins is excited to welcome this year’s 2L Diversity Scholars:
- Ephraim Abreu, Georgetown University Law Center
- Edwin Abundis, NYU School of Law
- Megan Lucille Brown, University of Michigan Law School
- Stephanie Chen, Harvard Law School
- Djenab Conde, UC Berkeley School of Law
- Mekbeb Hagos, University of Virginia School of Law
- Jonathan Hernandez, Cornell Law School
- Andrew Huang, UC Berkeley School of Law
- Robert McClendon, University of Tulsa College of Law
- Jesus Roberto Medina-Garcia, Stanford Law School
- Mitzi Miranda, University of San Diego School of Law
- Alisha Patel, University of Chicago Law School
- Neethu Putta, Cornell Law School
- Linda Qiu, Northwestern Pritzker School of Law
- Yves Paris Salgado Castro, UC Irvine School of Law
- Jack Siddoway, UC Berkeley School of Law
- James Walker, NYU School of Law
- Jenny Wang, Duke University School of Law
The 2L Diversity Scholars Program includes a scholarship of $25,000. Recipients receive the first $10,000 upon starting as a summer associate at Latham and the balance of $15,000 upon starting as a full-time associate at the firm. Since Latham launched the 2L Diversity Scholarship Program in 2005, the firm has awarded more than $750,000 in scholarships to US law students.
Candidates for the 2L Diversity Scholars Program submitted written applications, detailing academic and leadership achievements and a demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion, as well as their work and personal experiences. The firm received more than 500 applications from students at more than 90 US law schools.
“Our incredibly talented 2018 2L Diversity Scholars reflect a broad spectrum of perspectives and experiences. We are excited to welcome them to the firm, and look forward to calling them colleagues,” said Andrea Hogan, Vice Chair of the Recruiting Committee.
BJ Trach, Global Chair of the Diversity Leadership Committee added: “Programs like our 1L Fellowship and 2L Diversity Scholarship allow us to support law students who share our commitment to diversity at an early stage of their careers, and help us foster an atmosphere of inclusion at our firm and in the legal industry at large.”
About Latham & Watkins
Latham & Watkins delivers innovative solutions to complex legal and business challenges around the world. From a global platform, our lawyers advise clients on market-shaping transactions, high-stakes litigation and trials, and sophisticated regulatory matters. Latham is one of the world’s largest providers of pro bono services, steadfastly supports initiatives designed to advance diversity within the firm and the legal profession, and is committed to exploring and promoting environmental sustainability.
Notes to Editors
Latham & Watkins operates as a limited liability partnership worldwide with affiliated limited liability partnerships conducting the practice in France, Italy, Singapore, and the United Kingdom and as affiliated partnerships conducting the practice in Hong Kong and Japan. Latham & Watkins operates in South Korea as a Foreign Legal Consultant Office. Latham & Watkins works in cooperation with the Law Office of Salman M. Al-Sudairi in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
Andrea Hogan, Vice Chair of Latham & Watkins' Recruiting Committee, +415.391.0600
Helena Potts, Vice Chair of Latham & Watkins' Diversity Leadership Committee, +44.20.7710.1000
Laurence Seymour, Chair of Latham & Watkins' Recruiting Committee, +213.485.1234
BJ Trach, Chair of Latham & Watkins' Diversity Leadership Committee, +617.948.6000