Tax Executives Institute, Inc. members include business executives who are responsible for taxation matters on an administrative or policy-making level, or whose work is otherwise primarily concerned with the challenges of business taxation.
Latham tax partners Grace Chen (San Francisco), Nicholas J. DeNovio (Washington, D.C.), Larry Stein (Los Angeles), Kirt Switzer (San Francisco) and Sam Weiner (Los Angeles) will present at the seminar on the following topics:
- Withholding tax provisions
- Sale v. license treatment
- Legal v. economic ownership of IP
- Title passage
- Application of section 367 to contract assignments
- Export control/boycott issues
- Seller and buyer objectives in negotiating M&A contract provisions
- Section 338 elections
- Tax representations, tax covenants and indemnification provisions
Please visit the event website for more information.