Investors in Fintech companies (e.g., financial investors (VC and PE), banks and insurers) typically have very different risk appetites and compliance expectations than emerging Fintech companies. Their contrasting cultures can have important effects on the legal, regulatory, and compliance aspects of investments in, and partnerships/collaborations with, FinTech companies.
Please join our global team of Latham lawyers for a breakfast seminar focusing on some of the key issues associated with investing in or partnering with FinTech companies.
- What are the most important issues investors need to know?
- How can investors navigate the complex regulatory landscape?
- Who owns the IP and what are the key protections investors need to consider?
- How can investors avoid a data privacy headache?
- Termination rights: how to exit if the investment is not performing?
- What are the competition law concerns and how can these be avoided?
- Minority investors: how to ensure you are adequately protected?
Andrew Moyle, Partner, London (Hong Kong and Singapore Seminars)
Amy Beckingham, Partner, Hong Kong (Hong Kong Seminar)
Frank Sun, Partner, Hong Kong (Hong Kong Seminar)
Marcus Lee, Partner, Singapore (Singapore Seminar)
Simon Hawkins, Counsel, Hong Kong (Hong Kong and Singapore Seminars)
Stuart Davis, Associate, London (Hong Kong and Singapore Seminars)
To register for the Singapore event, please email Joanna Woon.
To register for the Hong Kong event, please email Samara Mahbubani.
Please do share this invitation with your colleagues who may be interested in attending this event.