Stuart Beraha advises leading Japanese companies on sophisticated cross-border technology and intellectual property transactions.
Mr. Beraha leverages unparalleled experience helping clients develop, acquire, and exploit technology, content, brands, and other intellectual property to achieve their business goals. He advises on a full spectrum of licensing and partnering transactions, including:
- IP and commercial aspects of mergers and acquisitions
- Joint venture and strategic alliance transactions and related agreements
- Technology, software, and content licenses and assignments
- Patent licenses and assignments
- E-commerce, search, and other Internet-related transactions
- Development, joint development, consulting, and outsourcing agreements
- Life sciences licensing, development, distribution, and commercialization transactions
- Trademark licenses and related branding agreements
He draws on more than two decades of experience in the Japanese market, and possesses a nuanced understanding of the interplay between practices of Japanese and foreign companies.
A recognized leader at the firm and in his field, Mr. Beraha serves on the firm’s Technology Committee, Pro Bono Committee, and EEO Review Board, and he previously served on the Associates Committee. He co-teaches a class on international IP licensing at Keio University’s Law School.
Before joining Latham, he was a partner at another leading international law firm in Tokyo.