Nick Stone is an associate in the Boston office of Latham & Watkins.
Mr. Stone represents healthcare providers and life sciences organizations in complex regulatory and commercial litigation matters.
Prior to joining Latham, Mr. Stone practiced at a law firm in the Pacific Northwest, where he provided counsel in numerous litigation and regulatory matters, with an emphasis on serving healthcare providers in the senior living and long-term care industry.
Mr. Stone completed his JD at Boston University, where he was recognized as an Edward F. Hennessy Scholar. He served as a note editor for the American Journal of Law & Medicine and graduated with honors in the Health Law Concentration.
Mr. Stone maintains an active pro bono practice, having served as co-counsel in class action litigation challenging the process of administering waivers under the “Travel Ban” during the Trump Administration.
Mr. Stone is a member of the American Health Lawyers Association and the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Bar Association.
Mr. Stone has been named among the Ones to Watch for his work in Commercial Litigation (2023) and Elder Law (2022 and 2023) by The Best Lawyers in America.
- “The 2018 Farm Bill, Hemp and Senior Living”, American Health Law Association (January 2019)
- “Drive-By Legislation Will Not Solve Drive-By Lawsuits”, Boston University School of Law Dome Blog (July 2018)
- “Calif. Court Greenlights Challenges to Travel Ban Waivers”, Law360 (June 2020)
- “Groups Want to Merge Travel Ban Waiver Suits”, Law360 (July 2019)
- “Lawsuits Challenging Travel Ban Waiver Process Barrel Ahead”, Law360 (July 2019)
- “Gov’t Can’t Escape Travel Ban Waiver Cases, Judge Told”, Law360 (June 2019)