Claudia Mencía is an associate in the Finance Department of the Madrid office of Latham & Watkins. Ms. Mencía advises sponsors, corporate borrowers, banks, credit funds, and other financial institutions across a broad range of transactions, including complex cross-border acquisition and leveraged financings, refinancings, alternative financings and direct lending, and other secured lending transactions.
Ms. Mencía´s experience includes advising:
- Platinum Equity in the financing for its c. €3.5 billion acquisition of Urbaser, S.A., one of the world’s largest providers of environmental services, from China Tianying Inc.
- H.I.G. WhiteHorse, as arranger and lender, in a Spanish law governed direct lending financing granted to Grupo Recoletas, a leading Spanish hospital network
- The lenders in a Spanish law governed €10 billion financing for Cellnex, Europe’s leading independent operator of wireless telecommunications infrastructure
- The lenders in a Spanish law governed €5.2 billion financing for Cellnex’s acquisition of Hivory, the tower business division of Altice France and Starlight Holdco
- Commerzbank and a syndicate of lenders in the refinancing of the existing financial debt of Benteler’s Group
- Permira Advisers in relation to the implementation of the financing for the acquisition of German pharmaceutical company Neuraxpharm from Apax Partners
- The lenders in connection with the financial restructuring of Europcar Mobility Group SA, a French car rental company.
- The global coordinator and joint bookrunners in MásMóvil’s issuance of €720 million of senior guaranteed bonds due 2027
- Venator in the issuance of US$225 million in aggregate principal amount of 9.5% senior secured notes due 2025
- Aernnova in its covenant-lite refinancing consisting of a €490 million term loan B and a €100 million revolving credit facility
- Banco Santander, S.A. in connection with the restructuring of a Spanish law governed counter guarantee agreement initially entered into with Kenbourne Invest II
- Spain (Abogado)
- LL.M. in Legal Practice, Universidad Complutense de Madrid
- LL.B. (Bachelor of Laws), Universidad Complutense de Madrid