Harry Demas is a counsel in the Public Company Representation Practice of Latham & Watkins.
Mr. Demas counsels clients on public company reporting and corporate governance matters, including:
- SEC compliance, including Exchange Act reporting and compliance (10(e)/Reg. G, insider trading, Section 16)
- Corporate communications and Reg. FD
- Financial reporting and internal controls / disclosure controls issues
- Board and committee operations and issues
- Shareholder engagement programs and communications, including effective proxy and 10-K design and addressing shareholder proposals
- Shareholder activism preparedness and defense
- Executive compensation matters, including plan design and disclosures / CD&A
- ESG and sustainability matters
Mr. Demas previously served as deputy general counsel and assistant corporate secretary at a Fortune 200 company, and prior to that as general counsel at an SEC reporting company.