September 09, 2019
Five talented Latham lawyers have been named 2019 Rising Stars by Law360, exemplifying the firm’s sweeping capabilities across transactional, regulatory, and litigation matters. The honorees’ career progression and recent accomplishments set them apart from more than 1,300 nominees. According to Law360, the rising stars were selected based on their career accomplishments in their respective disciplines
The Latham honorees are:
- Stuart Davis, a corporate associate in the Financial Regulatory Practice, named in the FinTech category. Based in London, he advises clients on domestic and cross-border regulatory aspects of cutting-edge FinTech initiatives, including technology innovations in market infrastructure, trading, clearing and settlement, lending (including crowdfunding), trade finance, payments, and regulatory surveillance.
- Chirag K. Dedania, a finance partner in the Project Development & Finance Practice, recognized in the Project Finance category. Based in New York, he advises on financing transactions in the power, oil and gas, LNG, and infrastructure sectors, with a focus on commercial loans, syndicated loans, and private placements for clients that include commercial and investment banks, private equity, corporate and mezzanine sponsors, and private debt funds.
- Andrew D. Prins, a litigation and trial partner in the Complex Commercial Litigation Practice and Communications Industry Group, honored in the Telecommunications category. Based in Washington, D.C., he represents clients in high-stakes government-facing disputes, often involving challenges to the legality of government regulatory actions, before trial courts, appellate courts, and administrative agencies. He regularly litigates and provides counsel on novel issues of administrative and constitutional law for clients across industries, including substantial work in the telecommunications sector.
- Sarah A. Tomkowiak, a litigation and trial partner in the Securities Litigation & Professional Liability Practice, named in the Securities category. Based in Washington, D.C., she focuses her practice on complex business litigation and investigations — including securities class actions, merger litigation, and enforcement actions — representing public and private companies, directors, and officers in a wide variety of industries.
- J. Cory Tull, a corporate partner in the Mergers & Acquisitions and Private Equity Practices, honored in the Private Equity category. Based in Washington, D.C., he represents private equity firms and private and public companies in notable domestic and cross-border transactions across an array of industries, including consumer products, aerospace and defense, sports and entertainment, manufacturing, healthcare, and technology.