One-Stop Financing Shop
Latham’s Private Equity Finance Practice counsels clients at every stage of a private equity investment, from acquisition through exit. Clients particularly benefit from the firm’s “one-stop financing shop” approach covering all types of financial products and financing alternatives available in the marketplace, including bank financings, securities offerings, bridge lending, preferred equity financings, and mezzanine financings.
The Private Equity Finance team offers clients exceptional counsel with a team-oriented approach throughout a private equity investment, including:
- Advising on strategy related to financing conditions, “certain funds” requirements, and commitment paper terms to offer clients a competitive advantage in an auction market
- Counseling portfolio companies after acquisition close on their financing needs and obligations throughout their entire life cycle, including in connection with exit transactions
- Guiding hedging transactions, credit facility refinancing and re-pricing transactions, restructurings, accordion, and other add-on financings
- Providing insight and guidance on bond consent solicitations and bond tender offers, exchange offers, and initial public offerings
- Counseling clients on workouts and protective measures against creditor claims.
The team’s diverse services and exceptional deal volume have earned Latham a leading reputation for private equity financings among international law firms.
A Global, Multidisciplinary Team
Latham lawyers help clients navigate multifaceted and cross-border financing transactions by working across practice areas, in jurisdictions around the world.
The Private Equity Finance team works in tandem with the firm’s banking, capital markets, insolvency, and M&A lawyers to develop innovative structures and facilitate the smooth execution of transactions of all types, including complex international “carve-out” transactions. Latham’s team approach means the same lawyers run the debt commitment papers, coordinate the finance-related provisions of the purchase agreement, lead both the bank and bond financings, and advise the portfolio company post-closing and through the exit transaction.
Latham leverages the regional knowledge of an extensive team spread across the world’s major financial, business, and regulatory centers. The firm has strategically built an unmatched global platform that aligns with local loan and capital markets, allowing Latham to deliver integrated lending and securities advice to clients across the platform.