Jane Bentham is an associate in the London office of Latham & Watkins and a member of the Data & Technology Transactions Practice.
Ms. Bentham advises global clients across all market sectors on EU and UK data privacy and cybersecurity laws. She primarily handles large-scale, global GDPR compliance projects, and advises clients on their use and exploitation of new technology and data in industry areas including social media, A.I. / machine learning, online advertising and adtech, big data, digital payments, gaming and biotech/ digital health.
Ms. Bentham advises on:
- Complex data transfer solutions (including transfers in light of the Schrems II ruling)
- Strategic management of security incidents and data breach notification procedures
- Sensitive data subject rights requests (including in contentious work)
- Advertising and marketing practices and strategies
- Product counselling
- Use of sensitive data and children’s data
- Consumer law and general commercial contract issues
She also has substantial experience providing data privacy and commercial strategic advice in M&A transactions.