Michael H. Rubin, a leader of the firm’s Data Privacy & Security Practice and Global Vice Chair of the Technology Industry Group, represents companies in high-stakes and complex litigation in courts throughout the United States, and in regulatory matters before the Federal Trade Commission, United States Attorneys General, and regulatory authorities throughout Europe, Asia, and Latin America.
Mr. Rubin represents clients at all stages of the business life cycle, from emerging companies to global market leaders, with a particular focus on the technology industry. In addition to litigation and regulatory defense matters, clients turn to Mr. Rubin for guidance navigating issues ranging from business model and granular product design concerns, to complex regulatory compliance exercises and strategic transactions.
He regularly addresses issues related to:
- FTC requirements, including COPPA
- Regulatory compliance, including GDPR and CCPA
- Security incidents and breaches, forensic investigations, and remediation of security issues
- Government requests for information, ECPA, and wiretap issues
- Behavioral advertising and social media
- Artificial intelligence
- Unmanned aerial vehicles
In 2019 Mr. Rubin was named a Top Cyber Lawyer in California by California’s Daily Journal, and a Client Service All Star by BTI Consulting.