Rachael Astin is an associate in Latham & Watkins’ Entertainment, Sports & Media Practice, and is based in the London office.
Ms. Astin primarily handles media sector commercial and regulatory matters, with a particular focus on digital media and content distribution.
Ms. Astin’s practice includes:
- Film, television, and other content distribution deals (including output deals and other complex rights licensing arrangements)
- Broadcast, on-demand, and advertising regulatory advice
- Linear television channel carriage
- Content commissioning and production
- Sponsorship arrangements and brand management
- Commercial advice on media sector M&A and strategic joint venture arrangements
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Astin worked in a leading international media and technology practice. She also has experience working in the Middle East. Ms. Astin spent 18 months in Dubai, working in the TMT team of the largest law firm in the region. During this time she advised local/international broadcasters and TV platforms on content commissioning, local production, and distribution activities. Ms. Astin also assisted international companies looking to do business in the UAE, as well as SMEs and government entities, on a variety of new media sector ventures.