Eli Katz is a partner in the New York office of Latham & Watkins and a member of the firm’s Tax Department and Project Development & Finance Practice. Over the past two decades, Mr. Katz has advised clients on some of the most notable transactions closed in the power and renewable energy sector. His clients include leading independent power producers, large financial institutions, and private equity, infrastructure, pension, and sovereign wealth funds.
His practice is focused on energy tax incentives, project development and financing, joint venture arrangements, capital raising and deployment structures, mergers and acquisitions, and leasing transactions both internationally and in the United States.
Mr. Katz is ranked by Chambers Global for Projects in Renewables & Alternative Energy – USA and Chambers USA for Nationwide Projects in Renewables & Alternative Energy. He has also repeatedly been recognized by The Legal 500 US for his work in Project Finance and Tax.
Prior to joining Latham, Mr. Katz was vice president and tax counsel at GE Energy Financial Services.
- Credit Agricole Winter Energy Conference – Financing Trends for Renewable Energy, Beaver Creek, 2019
- Credit Agricole Winter Energy Conference – Financing Trends for Renewable Energy, Beaver Creek, 2018
- Investing in US Renewables, Toronto, 2013
- Wall Street Green Summit XII, New York, 2013
- The Return of Tax Equity – Crucial Financing Piece, New York, 2013