Gavin Liu is an associate in the Silicon Valley office of Latham & Watkins and a member of the Technology Transactions Practice.
Mr. Liu advises public and emerging life science companies on various commercial and intellectual property transactional matters including:
- Collaboration, co-development, and profit-sharing agreements
- Commercial licenses
- Licenses with universities, hospitals, non-profit entities
- Intellectual property asset purchase agreements, carve-out transactions, and related agreements
- Joint ventures
- M&A transactions
- Capital markets transactions
- Manufacturing, supply, and distribution arrangements
- Strategic counseling
Mr. Liu maintains an active pro bono practice, which includes representing individuals seeking asylum in the United States. He is a member of Latham's Parent Lawyers Group and Asian & MIddle Eastern Lawyers Group.
While in law school, Mr. Liu served on the Editorial Board of the Berkeley Technology and Law Journal. He is also an alumni of the Samuelson Law, Technology, and Public Policy Clinic.
Prior to joining Latham, Mr. Liu was a junior specialist at the Keck Center for Integrative Neuroscience, at the University of California, San Francisco, where he implemented an optogenetics model for studying basal ganglia circuitry in songbirds.