Evan Smith advises emerging and venture-backed companies and their stakeholders in the life sciences and technology sectors at every stage of growth and operations.
Mr. Smith counsels clients from company conception through exit, and beyond for companies going public. This includes:
- Early-stage company formation and strategy
- Angel and venture capital financings
- Licensing, and other commercial and strategic transactions
- Employment matters
- Securities law compliance
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Public securities offerings
Mr. Smith also regularly represents clients in strategic investments, acquisitions, and commercial collaborations.
In addition to his client work, Mr. Smith has served as Corporate Department Chair in Latham’s Boston office and has managed the office’s training and career development, and paralegal programs. He also edited Latham’s Emerging Companies Book of Jargon.