Jia Jia Huang is counsel in the Los Angeles office of Latham & Watkins and a member of the Data & Technology Transactions Practice. She advises companies in technology-related transactions within software, e-commerce, information technology, retail, life sciences, and media and entertainment industries.
Ms. Huang advises on intellectual property matters, including:
- Technology, software and content license, development, and distribution agreements
- Content license agreements for the distribution of sports and media-related content
- E-commerce, Internet and website agreements
- Drug product license, research and development, and contract manufacturing agreements
- Manufacture, supply, and re-sale agreements
Ms. Huang also regularly provides intellectual property and technology counseling in the context of mergers and acquisitions (including cross-border transactions) and corporate financing especially where such transactions involve the disposition and acquisition of companies with intellectual property portfolios.
Ms. Huang is actively involved with the firm’s pro bono practice, where she works on matters involving immigration, foster care, and adoptions. In addition, she works with nonprofit organizations on general corporate and intellectual property matters.
While at the University of Pennsylvania Law School, Ms. Huang was a senior editor on the Journal of Business Law.