Michelle Kelban, Global Co-Chair of the Real Estate Practice at Latham, advises on all aspects of commercial real estate law, with a particular concentration on highly structured capital raising and financing, acquisitions, joint venture recapitalizations and workouts and restructurings for both borrowers and lenders. She represents capital providers in a range of real estate transactional structures and is a “skilled and extremely competent” lawyer who is “very knowledgeable and service oriented” according to The Legal 500 US.
Ms. Kelban's practice includes handling:
- Asset and entity level acquisitions and dispositions in respect of real estate based operating businesses
- Single asset and multiple property portfolio financings for a range of property types and performing and non-performing loan assets
- Mezzanine financings, preferred equity structures, equity investments, joint ventures, and equity recapitalizations
- Workouts, restructurings, distressed and performing loan sales
- Foreign investors with respect to all types of in-bound U.S. acquisitions, joint ventures, and financings
In 2020, Ms. Kelban was elected to the American College of Real Estate Lawyers, an invitation-only organization comprised of leading real estate lawyers across the US.