Chris Yates, a partner in Latham & Watkins’ San Francisco and Silicon Valley offices, litigates and tries precedent-setting antitrust cases in courts across the United States.
Mr. Yates regularly counsels and represents clients at the forefront of the sports, technology, travel, healthcare, and life sciences industries. Drawing on more than two decades of litigation and trial experience, he routinely achieves success for clients facing a variety of cutting-edge antitrust and competition issues, including:
- Consumer class actions
- Challenges to sports governing bodies
- IP-related antitrust claims
- Distribution and pricing policies
- Industry standard-setting and related claims of anticompetitive collusion or monopolization
- Alleged aftermarket monopolization
Mr. Yates has successfully argued in federal trial courts throughout the country, including New York, Florida, Texas, Illinois, Delaware, and California, and has won appeals before the US Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit and other appellate courts.
Mr. Yates previously served as Global Vice Chair of the firm’s Antitrust & Competition Practice.