Stefan Patzer represents German and international clients in a wide range of complex and high-profile disputes, both in and out of court as well as in arbitration proceedings.
Mr. Patzer handles a variety of different litigation and arbitration matters, including:
- Securities litigation and mass actions
- Complex commercial litigation
- Insolvency-related litigation
- Competition and cartel damages claims
- Insurance-related disputes
His focus industry sectors include automotive, energy & infrastructure, healthcare, and financial services.
Mr. Patzer draws on experience successfully handling hundreds of court hearings, including some of the largest and most complex mass litigations in Germany. He regularly speaks and writes on current legal issues for leading industry publications, including Börsen-Zeitung, Handelsblatt, and Legal Tribune Online (LTO).
- “EU-Verbandsklagen: Eine neue Ära des kollektiven Rechtsschutzes”, F.A.Z. Einspruch, 24.11.20
- “Nach der Pleite kommen die Klagen”, F.A.Z., 14.10.20
- “Die neue EU-Verbandsklage: Verbraucherschutz auf europäische Art”, Legal Tribune Online, 09.07.20
- Commenting several provisions of the German Insurance Contract Act (Versicherungsvertragsgesetz) with respect to life insurance in the commentary of Looschelders/Pohlmann
- Publications on new antitrust disclosure rules (NZKart 2018, 291) and on issues of international jurisdiction in cartel damages cases (NZKart 2019, 538)