David Schindler is a partner in the Los Angeles office of Latham & Watkins and former Co-Chair of the firm's White Collar Defense & Investigations Practice. Mr. Schindler advises clients on the defense of white collar and government investigations, healthcare fraud and abuse, intellectual property, e-commerce, business litigation, and civil litigation.
Mr. Schindler has conducted internal investigations and represented companies, Boards of Directors, and individuals in connection with trials, ancillary proceedings, and government investigations involving a wide array of criminal, quasi-criminal, and regulatory matters including:
Mr. Schindler is an experienced and well-respected speaker and has delivered lectures and instruction throughout the world on conducting internal investigations, financial statement fraud, healthcare fraud and abuse, computer law, cybercrime, computer intrusions, and corporate compliance.
- Recognized as a leading white-collar crime and government investigations litigation attorney in numerous publications, including his Band 1 recognition by Chambers USA
- Recognized for his trade secrets and white collar litigation work
The Legal 500 US 2008-2009, 2013
- Named a Life Sciences Industry Star
- Named a Litigation Practice Area Star and Local Litigation Star
- Named an Outstanding Healthcare Fraud and Compliance Lawyer
Nightingale’s Healthcare News 2005, 2007
- Received the Attorney General's Award For Distinguished Service, the Director's Award For Superior Performance, and multiple special achievement awards from the Department of Justice