Ing Loong Yang is a partner in the Hong Kong office of Latham & Watkins and a member of the Litigation & Trial Department. He counsels clients on international arbitration and complex commercial litigation in Asia, particularly on cross-border disputes involving Greater China.
Mr. Yang has extensive experience acting for corporate clients, which includes:
- International arbitration
- Complex commercial litigation
- Shareholders’ and joint venture disputes
- Technology and other licensing disputes
- Commercial criminal defense
- FCPA investigation and compliance
- Regulatory issues
He has represented clients in numerous international arbitrations under the rules of CIETAC, SIAC, ICC, HKIAC, and UNCITRAL, as well as in the Hong Kong courts. Mr. Yang is a Solicitor-Advocate of the Hong Kong courts, with full rights of audience in the Hong Kong courts. Mr. Yang is also qualified in England and Wales, Singapore, and New York.
Mr. Yang also has significant experience sitting as arbitrator. He is a Chartered Arbitrator of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, with appointments to many panels of international arbitral institutions, namely: HKIAC (including its Financial Services Disputes panel), SIAC, CIETAC, BAC, SHIAC, SCIA, KCAB, AIAC (formerly known as KLRCA), ADNDRC, HIAC, and JCAA. He has sat as arbitrator (either as sole arbitrator, chair of tribunal, or party-appointed arbitrator) in numerous arbitrations seated in Hong Kong, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Beijing, Shanghai, and Seoul.
In terms of public service, Mr. Yang:
- Currently serves as a Council Member and the Chairperson of the Appointments Committee of the HKIAC
- Currently serves as an ambassador to the Commission of the ICC International Court of Arbitration on the Belt and Road Initiative
- Currently serves as a member of the International Arbitration Committee of the KCAB International
- Currently serves as an advisor to China Academy of Arbitration Law
- Currently serves as a director of Maxwell Chambers, Singapore
- Served as a deputy public prosecutor with the Singapore Attorney-General’s Chambers
- Served as a member of the Disciplinary Committee of the Singapore Exchange (SGX)
Mr. Yang’s wide-ranging industry expertise includes online game software, pharmaceuticals, automotive, clean technology, banking and finance, road-recycling, cash recycling machines, agriculture, energy, OEM manufacturing, and private equity.
Besides English, Mr. Yang is also fluent in Mandarin, Cantonese, Chiuchow, Fujianese, Malay, and Bahasa Indonesia.