Latham & Watkins has defended US-based clients, including the largest hospital system in the country, in several of the largest healthcare fraud investigations involving the highest level of complexity and amounts in controversy.
A Powerful Combination of Regulatory and Trial Expertise
By combining expertise from Latham's Healthcare and Life Sciences Practice with its White Collar Defense & Investigations Practice, the firm is able to provide clients with comprehensive counsel in healthcare regulatory enforcement matters and government fraud investigations. The effective defense of complex healthcare regulatory enforcement and fraud investigations requires expertise in three practice areas:
- Substantive healthcare fraud and abuse laws and regulations
- Civil False Claims Act and qui tam litigation
- Criminal law and procedure
Latham's team of healthcare regulatory and reimbursement experts, seasoned civil litigators and experienced criminal trial lawyers brings the optimal defense expertise and trial skills to each matter. Not only do Latham lawyers have unmatched experience in reaching negotiated resolutions of such matters, but the firm's trial expertise provides clients with additional strategic options.
Scope of Services
- Assisting in voluntary disclosures
- Conducting internal investigations
- Defending civil False Claims Act and qui tam litigation
- Defending criminal and civil government healthcare fraud investigations
- Development of compliance programs
- Negotiating Corporate Integrity Agreements
- Responding to Grand Jury subpoenas and search warrants
- Strategic counseling in fraud and abuse laws