Latham’s lawyers have been practicing on the cutting edge of the high yield and bridge finance markets for more than three decades. Today, the firm provides innovative and creative advice on high yield products to clients in virtually every industry. Since 2012, Latham acted as counsel on more than US$74 billion in high yield debt offerings.
Latham’s clients have access to the firm’s high yield expertise and market-leading industry, regulatory and compliance practices in the United States, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. The result is a collection of resources no other law firm can offer. Moreover, clients receive unparalleled advice regarding their global debt financing needs, including structuring debt transactions, negotiating complex covenant packages, and handling subordination, security and intercreditor issues and ongoing liability management issues.
Key Practice Areas
Latham’s high yield finance practitioners regularly handle:
- Complex high yield structuring and covenant issues
- Disclosure and accounting issues
- Innovative and creative bridge to high yield financings in connection with leveraged buyouts and other transactions
- High yield components of restructurings
- Structured debt transactions
- A variety of refinancing transactions and other liability management transactions, including exchange offers, tender offers and consent solicitations
In collaboration with major investment banks, Latham’s lawyers have prepared form agreements for high yield offerings and bridge financings that have become the industry standard. In Europe, the firm played a critical role in the development of high yield as a debt product, and clients continue to rely on its ongoing leadership, which is reflected in Latham consistently collecting multiple first-place rankings in European high yield league tables. In the Middle East, Latham is actively involved in groundbreaking Shari’ah compliant transactions and have led the constantly evolving Islamic finance market with the development of the first high yield sukuk.