Sosi Biricik is counsel and former partner in Latham & Watkins' Project Development & Finance Practice Group, and has represented developers, lenders and governments in the structuring and financing of domestic and international power projects and in promoting legislative and regulatory reforms in the energy sector.
In recent years, Ms. Biricik projects have included the representation of:
- Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ and a consortium of lenders in connection with a 102-MW windfarm in Tehachapi, California developed by Coram California Development, L.P.
- Note purchasers in Desert Sunlight project, a 250-MW solar electrical generating facility in Riverside, California
- HSH Nordbank, AG and a consortium of lenders in connection with wind turbine and bridge loan financing for Invenergy Turbine, L.P.
- Noble Environmental Power in connection with a 114-MW windfarm in Hansford County, Texas
- Airtricity Inc. in connection with its development of the Forest Creek and Sand Bluff wind generation projects in Texas
- Fortis Bank in financing of Storm Lake I, Storm Lake II and Cabazon wind generation projects
- Various lenders and developers in the structuring and financing of gas-fired and coal-fired generating facilities and tolling facilities
Ms. Biricik has has counseled developers, lenders and governments in connection with the following projects:
- Caithness Wind Portfolio Financing; financing of four windfarms in California totaling 92-MW, agented by WestLB AG, New York Branch
- Buffalo Mountain Wind Generation Facility; 27-MW windfarm in Buffalo Mountain, Tennessee, structured and underwritten by Dexia Credit Local New York Agency
- Lake Benton Wind Generation Facility; 107-MW windfarm in Lake Benton, Minnesota, structured and underwritten by Fortis Bank
- San Gorgonio Wind Generation Facility, 43.4-MW windfarm near Palm Springs, California, structured and underwritten by Fortis Bank
- Foote Creek Rim Wind Generation Facility, 25-MW windfarm in Foote Creek Rim, Wyoming, structured and underwritten by Fortis Bank
- Acquisition of Mountain View I and Mountain View II Wind Generation Facilities, combined 66.6-MW windfarms in Riverside County, California, by affiliates of PG&E National Energy Group