Rudolf Haas is a partner in the Frankfurt office. He practices in the firm's Corporate Department, focusing on capital markets and stock corporation law. Many of the matters he advises on are cross-border transactions. He has worked on debt offerings and bond repurchases as well as IPOs, dual listings and secondary equity offerings. In M&A transactions he also advises in securities issues, such as tender offers and share-for-share exchanges.
Mr. Haas is a “recommended lawyer” for Capital Markets in Legal 500 EMEA (2011).
Mr. Haas is a member of the International Bar Association.
Rudolf Haas' recent representative matters include advising:
- NordLB (as issuer) on a Pfandbrief (German covered bond) issued to institutional investors in the U.S. under Rule 144A. This is the first issuance of a German covered bond under Rule 144A since 2002 (US$1 billion)
- Norddeutsche Landesbank Girozentrale in the issue of €400 million subordinated instruments due 2020 and €1 billion Jumbo Pfandbrief due 2021
- Ventizz Capital Fund II, LP on the sale of its majority participation in the listed stock company ersol Solar Energy AG, a leading German photovoltaics company to Robert Bosch GmbH with a subsequent tender offer by Robert Bosch GmbH (transaction volume: over €1 billion)
- Commerzbank, Deutsche Bank, IKB, UniCredit Group and WestLB as initial purchasers on the offering of €203 million Senior Unsecured Notes of ALBA Group plc & Co. KG
- Credit Suisse and quirin bank as the initial purchasers in the issue of €160 million 10.75% Senior Secured Notes due 2017 by TMD Friction Finance S.A. as part of a recapitalization transaction
- Citigroup, Deutsche Bank, HVB Corporates & Markets and Royal Bank of Scotland as syndicate in the issue of a €300 million hybrid bond and other bonds for tour operator TUI AG (transaction volume: €1 billion)
- Norddeutsche Landesbank in the structuring and negotiation of Norddeutsche Landesbank’s medium term note program under German law (transaction volume: €25 billion)
- Bayer AG on the €16.9 billion public takeover offer for Schering AG
- HVB Corporates & Markets and Commerzbank AG as underwriters in the initial public offering of German nanotechnology company ItN Nanovation AG