Kelann Stirling is an associate in the New York office of Latham & Watkins, practicing principally in the Project Development and Finance Practice Group.
Ms. Stirling has represented sponsors, lenders and governmental entities in connection with financings of oil and gas, LNG, wind energy, solar power, ethanol and infrastructure projects and has experience in all aspects of structuring, negotiating and drafting finance and project development documents in connection with international project financings.
In addition, Ms. Stirling has significant experience in acquisition financings in the energy sector, US renewable energy tax equity financings and cross border tax driven financings. Prior to joining Latham, Ms. Stirling was an associate in the New York and London offices of another major international law firm.
Ms. Stirling's representative transactions include:
- Financing of Australia Pacific LNG Facility (Australia): Represented a syndicate of international and regional banks and export credit agencies in connection with the US$8.6 billion financing of the Australia Pacific LNG project in Queensland, Australia
- Refinancing of Spanish Egyptian Gas Company LNG Facility (Egypt): Represented the mandated lead arranger in connection with US$1 billion refinancing of a liquefied natural gas facility in Damietta, Egypt. This transaction was named "Middle East Refinancing Deal of the Year" for 2007 by ProjectFinance*
- Financing of Qatargas 4 LNG Facility (Qatar): Represented a syndicate of international and regional banks in connection with the US$4 billion financing of the Qatargas 4 LNG project in Qatar. This transaction was named "Middle East Oil and Gas Deal of the Year" for 2007 by ProjectFinance*
- Proposed acquisition of an operational natural gas pipeline (Egypt): Advised a large European aluminum company in connection with the potential acquisition of an operational natural gas pipeline in Egypt*
- Sale of offshore wind farm (UK): Represented a private equity fund in the development of, and the later sale of, a 300MW offshore wind farm project, located on the Kentish Coast of the UK*
- Proposed privatization of infrastructure assets (USA): Advised a US state in connection with its proposed privatization of certain state owned infrastructure assets*
- Proposed financing of the expansion of a gas pipeline (Indonesia): Advised a large US-based investment bank in connection with the proposed financing of the expansion of a gas pipeline in Indonesia*
- Acquisition financing of an operational ethanol plant in California (USA): Represented Morgan Stanley & Co. Incorporated and certain of its affiliates in connection with the US$95 million financing of Altra Inc.’s acquisition of Phoenix Bio Industries, LLC, the owner and operator of an ethanol plant in California*
- Financing of ethanol plant in Canton, Illinois (USA): Represented the initial lender and arranger in the US$90 million project financing of an ethanol production plant near Canton, Illinois, for Central Illinois Energy, an energy cooperative*
*matter completed whilst at a previous firm