Josh Dubofsky is a partner in the Silicon Valley office of Latham & Watkins and a member of the Corporate Department. He joined Latham in 2001 and has practiced in the Silicon Valley and New York offices.
Mr. Dubofsky’s practice focuses on:
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Strategic corporate transactions and strategic planning
- Public and private financing transactions
- General corporate representation of both publicly traded and privately held companies
Mr. Dubofsky represents corporate clients, private equity firms and venture capital firms in acquisitions, divestitures and debt and equity investments across a wide range of industries, including:
- Life sciences
- Internet and digital media
- Information technology
- Retail and consumer products
- Financial services
Mr. Dubofsky also represents both public and private companies in general corporate governance matters and securities offerings, and provides legal advice and strategic planning assistance to management, directors and shareholders.
Mr. Dubofsky’s public and private mergers and acquisitions and strategic transaction practice has included representation of numerous companies, including:
- US Airways in its US$17 billion merger with American Airlines
- ArthroCare Corporation in its US$1.7 billion acquisition by Smith & Nephew
- Conceptus, Inc. in its US$1.1 billion acquisition by Bayer AG
- Medicis Pharmaceuticals in its acquisition by Valeant Pharmaceuticals for US$2.6 billion
- A special committee of the board of directors of Google in the class C non-voting common stock recapitalization of Google
- Toshiba Corporation in its acquisition of OCZ Technology Group through a 363 bankruptcy sale process
- Troon Golf in its sale to Kohlberg & Company and Great White Shark Enterprises
- Talon Therapeutics in its up to US$210 million acquisition by Spectrum Pharmaceuticals
- Allos Therapeutics in its up to US$206 million acquisition by Spectrum Pharmaceuticals
- Eddie Bauer in its 363 bankruptcy process sale to Golden Gate Capital for US$286 million
- ZymoGenetics in its US$885 million acquisition by Bristol-Meyers Squibb
- A special committee of the board of directors of Genentech in the US$47 billion acquisition of the outstanding publicly held stock of Genentech by Roche
- Adobe Systems in its US$1.8 billion acquisition of Omniture
- Plexxikon in its up to US$935 million acquisition by Daichi Sankyo
- Guitar Center in its sale to Bain Capital for US$1.9 billion
- Narus in its acquisition by The Boeing Company
- The Rockefeller Group in its sale of Cushman & Wakefield to IFIL/Exor S.p.A.
- DealerTrack Holdings in its acquisition of Chrome Systems Corporation
Mr. Dubofsky regularly represents private equity and venture capital firms in connection with private and public investments, acquisitions and divestitures. Representative clients have included Technology Crossover Ventures, Spectrum Equity, Genstar Capital, The Carlyle Group, KKR and Weston Presidio, and recent matters include the representation of Indigo Partners in its acquisition of Frontier Airlines from Republic Airways, the representation on Weston Presidio in the sale of its investment in Apple American Group and the representation of Technology Crossover Ventures in public and private investments and divestitures of portfolio companies, including investments in Alarm.com, Netflix and MarketAxess and the sales of ExactTarget, FX Alliance and XRS Corporation.