Mr. Denton is a litigation associate in the New York office at Latham & Watkins. Prior to joining Latham & Watkins, Mr. Denton clerked for the Honorable Phyllis A. Kravitch of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit.
Some of Mr. Denton’s representative matters include:
- Co-drafting an amicus brief to the US Supreme Court regarding attorney work product doctrine.
- Obtaining affirmance by the US Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit of dismissal of a billion dollar antitrust case brought against a client who distributes pharmaceuticals and multiple other distributors and manufacturers of pharmaceuticals.
- Successfully representing lenders in bankruptcy court in connection with terminating exclusivity and confirming a plan of reorganization.
- Successfully representing debtors in connection with rejection of contracts in the contested confirmation of a billion dollar power company’s plan of reorganization.
- Advising a trade organization in connection with amendments to financial regulation legislation.
Mr. Denton is an active member of the firm’s pro bono program. He has obtained asylum and cancellation of removal for immigrants and helped Holocaust survivors obtain pensions from the German government.
Mr. Denton has authored articles on constitutional law and the federal judiciary that have appeared in the Catholic University Law Review, Drexel Law Review and UCLA Journal of Environmental Law and Policy.