Andrew Tarbuck specialises in capital markets, public and private mergers and acquisitions, restructurings, flotations and secondary equity fundraisings. Mr. Tarbuck is a member of the NASDAQ Dubai Practitioners’ Committee and Chairman of the Regulatory Committee of the Middle East Investor Relations Society.
He recently advised Asiacell on its IPO in Iraq, the largest IPO in the Middle East since 2008. He also advised Qtel on the establishment of its Rule 144A GMTN programme and US$2 billion issuances.
He is ranked in The Legal 500 for Corporate and M&A and is described as a “strong capital markets partner.” Chambers Global: Middle East 2012 ranks Mr. Tarbuck in Band 2 for Capital Markets: Equity.
Mr. Tarbuck’s experience includes advising
- Asiacell on its US$1.3 billion IPO in Iraq, the largest IPO in the Middle East since 2008
- Qatar Telecom (Qtel) on the establishment of a Rule 144A US$3 billion GMTN programme listed on the Irish Stock Exchange and US$2 billion issuance of notes
- The joint lead managers on the issuance of US$250 million 8.25% notes by Investcorp S.A.
- Qtel in connection with its October 2010 US$2.75 billion Rule 144A/Regulation S bond offerings and the September 2010 updating of its US$5 billion Global Medium Term Note program
- Wataniya Palestine Mobile Telecommunications PSC on its IPO on the Palestine Securities Exchange in January 2011 - the largest IPO in the Palestinian territories in the last 10 years, raising a total of US$50.3 million