Vladimir Maly is a partner in the Corporate Department in the London office of Latham & Watkins focusing on regulatory and transactional advice relating to the use of derivative instruments in cross-border financing and corporate transactions. He specialises in particular in advising banking and investment management clients in relation to a wide range of financial products, including equities, funds, fixed income and commodities. Relevant experience includes advising clients in connection with the regulatory change with respect to the secondary markets, custody services and clearing.
Mr. Maly is a member of the ISDA Financial Law Reform Committee.
Mr. Maly's representative transactions include advising:
- Deutsche Bank on an equity derivative financing transaction on shares listed on a European stock exchange, structured as a series of put and call options
- A Russian investment fund in setting up a gold, oil and aluminium swap trading platform
- A US bank in connection with a series of block trades on shares listed on Bombay Stock Exchange
- UBS in connection with a EUR 150,000,000 Equity Contingent Line provided to SCOR SE
- A US bank on a series of natural gas swap transactions with several counterparties
- Qatar Holding LLC (a wholly owned subsidiary of Qatar Investment Authority) on its acquisition of the Harrods Group