Sharon Lau has been involved in numerous corporate finance matters, including representing both issuers and underwriters in both US and international securities transactions, particularly initial public offerings, global equity offerings, private placements, high yield and investment grade debt offerings, convertible debt offerings and exchange offers. Ms. Lau also advises on mergers and acquisitions, public takeovers, joint ventures, privatizations and restructurings as well as regulatory compliance and corporate governance issues.
Ms. Lau is recognized as a leading lawyer for capital markets in Singapore by Chambers Asia-Pacific 2013.
Ms. Lau's experience includes advising:
- The underwriters in KrisEnergy's S$270 million initial public offering of shares on the SGX-ST
- The underwriters in PT Bank Mandiri's IDR8,180 billion rights offering
- MakeMyTrip Limited in its US$80.5 million initial public offering of shares on the NASDAQ
- Tiger Airways Holdings in its S$247.7 million initial public offering of shares on the SGX-ST
- CY International Berhad in its US$207 million initial public offering of shares on the Bursa Malaysia
- The trustee-manager and the sponsor in the US$266 million offering of common units representing undivided interests in Rickmers Maritime
- The underwriters in the US$1.75 billion combined offering comprising US$498 million of American depositary shares, including a Japanese public offering without listing, and a US$1.25 billion offering of equity shares by ICICI Bank Limited
- Chartered Semiconductor Manufacturing Ltd., in its US$925 million concurrent offering, consisting of a registered offering of US$625 million of senior notes and a private placement of US$300 million of units comprising convertible redeemable preference shares and amortizing bonds, and its tender offer to repurchase $575 million of its convertible notes
- StarHub Ltd. in its S$482 million initial public offering of shares on the SGX-ST
- PT Risjadson in its US$1.18 billion sale by way of an auction of a majority stake in PT Berau Coal (Berau) to PT Recapital Advisors
- MediaRing Ltd. in the sale of Pacific Internet Limited, an internet provider based in Singapore, to Connect Hold