Sharon Lau is a partner in Latham & Watkins’ Singapore office. Ms. Lau’s practice focuses on corporate finance transactions where she represents both issuers and underwriters in international securities transactions, and mergers and acquisitions where she represents buyers and sellers in public and private transactions.
Ms. Lau’s corporate finance expertise includes:
- Initial public offerings
- Global equity offerings and private placements
- High-yield and investment grade debt offerings
- Convertible debt offerings
- Exchange offers
Ms. Lau’s mergers and acquisitions expertise includes:
- Public takeovers
- Joint ventures and other private investments
- Venture capital investments
She also advises on regulatory compliance and corporate governance issues.
The Singapore Business Review cites Ms. Lau as “a trusted advisor to many of the largest corporations and financial institutions across Asia,” honoring her as one of the '20 Most Influential Lawyers Under 40'. Ms. Lau is also recognized as an 'Up & Coming' lawyer for capital markets in Singapore and Indonesia by Chambers Asia-Pacific 2014 and is ranked in the 2014 edition of Who’s Who Legal: Capital Markets, noted for her “highly respected practice”.
Ms. Lau's experience includes advising:
- The underwriters in 7-Eleven Malaysia Holdings Berhad's US$225 million initial public offering of shares on Bursa Malaysia
- The underwriters in KrisEnergy's SGD$270 million initial public offering of shares on the SGX-ST
- MakeMyTrip Limited in its US$80.5 million initial public offering of shares on NASDAQ
- PT Dharma Satya Nusantara Tbk in its US$52 million initial public offering of shares on the IDX
- The underwriters in PT Bank Mandiri's IDR8,180 billion rights offering
- The underwriters in ICICI Bank Limited's US$1.75 billion combined offering comprising of US$498 million American depositary shares, including a Japanese public offering without listing, and offer of US$1.25 billion equity shares
- The underwriters in KrisEnergy Ltd.'s S$500 million multicurrency medium term note program
- PT Tower Bersama Infrastructure Tbk in its offer of US$300 million 4.625% senior unsecured notes due 2018
- Chartered Semiconductor Manufacturing Ltd., in its US$925 million concurrent offer of US$625 million senior notes, a private placement of US$300 million units comprising convertible redeemable preference shares and amortizing bonds, and its tender offer to repurchase $575 million convertible notes
- Morgan Stanley as financial advisor to TCC Assets Limited in its US$11.7 billion acquisition of Fraser & Neave Ltd.
- PT Risjadson in its US$1.18 billion sale by way of an auction of a majority stake in PT Berau Coal (Berau) to PT Recapital Advisors