Sharon Lau has been involved in numerous corporate finance matters, including representing both issuers and underwriters in both US and international securities transactions. Ms. Lau also advises on mergers and acquisitions, public takeovers, joint ventures, privatizations and restructurings as well as regulatory compliance and corporate governance issues.
Ms. Lau is recognized as an 'Up & Coming' lawyer for capital markets in Singapore and Indonesia by Chambers Asia-Pacific 2014.
Ms. Lau's experience includes advising:
- The underwriters in KrisEnergy's SGD$270 million initial public offering of shares on the SGX-ST
- MakeMyTrip Limited in its US$80.5 million initial public offering of shares on NASDAQ
- PT Dharma Satya Nusantara Tbk in its US$52 million initial public offering of shares on the IDX
- JCY International Berhad in its US$207 million initial public offering of shares on the Bursa Malaysia
- The underwriters in PT Bank Mandiri's IDR8,180 billion rights offering
- The underwriters in ICICI Bank Limited's US$1.75 billion combined offering comprising of US$498 million American depositary shares, including a Japanese public offering without listing, and offer of US$1.25 billion equity shares
- Chartered Semiconductor Manufacturing Ltd., in its US$925 million concurrent offer of US$625 million senior notes, a private placement of US$300 million units comprising convertible redeemable preference shares and amortizing bonds, and its tender offer to repurchase $575 million convertible notes
- Morgan Stanley as financial advisor to TCC Assets Limited in its US$11.7 billion acquisition of Fraser & Neave Ltd.
- PT Risjadson in its US$1.18 billion sale by way of an auction of a majority stake in PT Berau Coal (Berau) to PT Recapital Advisors