Peter M. Gilhuly is a corporate restructuring and bankruptcy partner in Latham & Watkins’ Los Angeles office where he is responsible for managing the West Coast Insolvency Practice of the firm. Mr. Gilhuly represents debtors, buyers, hedge funds, private equity funds, first and second lien holders, creditors’ committees and boards of directors.
His recognitions include:
- Cited as a leading bankruptcy attorney in Chambers USA (Ranked in Band 1)
- Appointed in 2012 to the Advisory Committee of the American Bankruptcy Institute (“ABI”) on Reform of Chapter 11
- Named in 2012 and 2011 to the annual list of “Top 100 Attorneys in California” published by the Daily Journal
- Named by The Deal’s Bankruptcy Insider as the most active bankruptcy M&A lawyer in the United States from 2003-2008
- Inducted into the American College of Bankruptcy in 2008
- Named in The Best Lawyers in America since 2002
- Highly Recommended by Global Counsel – Restructuring and Insolvency Who’s Who
From 2009 to 2012, Mr. Gilhuly has spoken at Harvard Business, UCLA Business and UCLA Law Schools. In 2010, at the invitation of the French Ministry of Justice, Mr. Gilhuly made a presentation on Chapter 11 in Paris to international insolvency groups. Mr. Gilhuly is a frequent speaker at ABI and similar conferences. Mr. Gilhuly is Chair of Latham's Client Credit Counsel Committee.