Perry Viscounty is the former Chair of the global Intellectual Property Litigation Practice and the Orange County office's Litigation Department.
His practice focuses on intellectual property, advertising, class actions and other complex litigation. He has handled a variety of matters throughout the world including trademark, patent, copyright, trade secret, domain name, right of publicity, unfair competition, false advertising and defamation cases, as well as internet related issues.
Mr. Viscounty has been recognized as a leading intellectual property trial lawyer in:
- Daily Journal named Mr. Viscounty among the 2013 Top Intellectual Property Lawyers in California
- Chambers Global ranked Mr. Viscounty in Band 2 for US Intellectual Property: Trademark Copyright & Trade Secrets in 2013
- Chambers US (2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012): In 2012, Mr. Viscounty was ranked in Band 1 - Intellectual Property: Trademark, Copyright & Trade Secrets. In 2010, cited him as “envied by peers as an exceptional trademark lawyer with a huge practice.”
- The Legal 500 US 2012 ranked Mr. Viscounty as a "Leading Lawyer" for Intellectual Property - Trademarks; Litigation and is "mentioned" for his expertise in Trade Secrets matters
- Chambers US 2011 said "Mr. Viscounty has a particularly acute business sense, is great with client relations and knows how to balance objectives with legal risk."
- Euromoney Institutional Investor Benchmark: Litigation guide (2008-2010)
- BTI Client Service All Star Team for 2007
- Los Angeles Daily Journal as a Top 30 Intellectual Property Lawyer in California (2005)
Mr. Viscounty is a member of the International Trademark Association and an arbitrator for the World Intellectual Property Organization. Mr. Viscounty has spoken on topics including trademarks, social media and IP licensing disputes, and has written extensively on intellectual property and technology issues.
Mr. Viscounty's experience includes representation of:
- America Chung Nam, Inc. in a three-week trade secret jury trial before the California Superior Court resulting in a judgment of US$18.1 million
- Buzz Off Insect Shield, LLC in a five-week jury trial successfully defending against trademark infringement, false advertising and unfair trade practices claims (S.C. Johnson & Son, Inc. v. Buzz Off Insect Shield, LLC et.al.)
- Adobe against trademark and trade dress infringement, dilution, false designation of origin, copyright infringement and unfair competition claims
- Allergan in a trademark infringement, unfair competition and false advertising case regarding Botox
- GE in several lawsuits and arbitrations in the US and various other countries
Additional representative clients include Paula Abdul, Allianz, Cartier, City of Hope, The Cooper Companies, Ecko, FileNet, Paul Frank, Frank Gehry, Gap, GE, Guthy-Renker, Intel, Mikasa, Mont Blanc, Mossimo, Nestlé, Nissan, Oakley, Office Depot, Old Navy, PIMCO, Remedy, Fred Segal, Sepracor, Skullcandy, Sony, Spectrum Pharmaceuticals, St. John Knits, The Carlyle Group, TiVo, US Soccer Federation, Veritas, Volcom, Wet Seal and Wikia.