Patrick Shannon is a partner in the Corporate Department of the Washington, D.C. office and is a global Chair of the Capital Markets Practice as well as the Private Equity Finance Practice.
Mr. Shannon has significant experience in:
Mr. Shannon represents private equity funds, investment banks and public and private companies in a variety of financing and other transactions. He also counsels both new and established public companies regarding their public reporting obligations, corporate governance matters, and other issues related to their public company status.
Mr. Shannon's representative experience includes the representation of:
- The Carlyle Group in numerous acquisition financings and securities offerings including in connection with the acquisition of CommScope, Sequa Corporation, Open Solutions, SS&C Technologies and Standard Aero, and the sale of Vought Aircraft Industries and the JMC Steel Group, and the initial public offering of CoreSite
- Apollo Global Management in connection with the senior secured notes offering to finance the acquisition of Taminco Global Chemical Corporation
- The Carlyle Group and Hellman & Friedman in connection with the senior notes offering to finance the acquisition of Pharmaceutical Product Development
- Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. in connection with the financing for the acquisition of Capital Safety
- Energy Transfer Equity in connection with the financing for the acquisition of Southern Union Company
- Onex Corporation and CPP Investment Board in connection with the senior secured notes offering to finance the acquisition of Tomkins plc
- Riverstone in acquisition financings, including in connection with the acquisition of Gibson Energy ULC, and securities offerings, including for Niska Gas Storage and Hudson Products and the initial public offering of Gibson Energy
- Platinum Equity in financings, including connection with the dividend recapitalization of Nesco, LLC and the acquisition of American Commercial Lines and related dividend holdco PIK notes offering
- GTCR Golder Rauner, LLC in connection with the financing for the acquisition of Protection One