Dr. Jörg Kirchner is a Vice Chair of Latham & Watkins’ global Corporate Department and was the Office Managing Partner of the firm’s Munich office for five years since its opening in 2005. Before joining Latham, he was practicing at a German media company and at law firms in Germany and Washington, D.C. At Latham, he advises clients on private equity and M&A matters, handling both cross-border and national transactions, including LBOs, minority investments, joint ventures and carve-outs.
The Legal 500 EMEA 2013 lists Mr. Kirchner as a recommended lawyer for private equity. In JUVE 2013/2014 he is listed as "leading name" for private equity as well as "recommended" for M&A. In Chambers Europe 2012, Mr. Kirchner's private equity practice is ranked in Tier 1 in Germany. He is recommended as a top lawyer for M&A and Private Equity in Germany by Handelsblatt Best Lawyers 2013. Furthermore, he was recommended as one of the "best lawyers for mergers and acquisitions in Germany" in the German weekly WirtschaftsWoche dated 10 September 2010.
Mr. Kirchner is a member of the International Bar Association.
Dr. Jörg Kirchner's experience includes advising:
- Siemens AG on the sale of its global watertechnology division
- Onex on the acquisition of KraussMaffei Group
- Abry Partners on its minority investment in e-shelter group, a German data service company
- Global Safety Textiles on the sale of GST Group to Hyosung Corporation in an auction process
- Silverfleet Capital on the acquisition of Schneider Versand Holding GmbH
- EQT on the refinancing of the optical devices manufacturer Carl Zeiss Vision GmbH
- Trilantic Capital Partners on the intended acquisition of a majority stake in Rodenstock GmbH
- Bain Capital on the intended acquisition of the Siemens hearing aid business with a transaction volume of approx. €2 billion
- Bain Capital on the intended acquisition of a major beer brewing business with a transaction volume of more than €1.5 billion
- Silverfleet Capital on the acquisition of Kalle Group for €212.5 million
- Ventizz Capital Fund II, L.P. on the sale of the listed stock company ersol Solar Energy AG with a transaction volume of more than €1 billion
- Bain Capital on the acquisition of Bavaria Yachtbau GmbH for more than €1 billion