Mr. Allinson is the Global Co-chair of the Private Equity Practice Group, the former Co-chair of the New York Corporate Department and a member of the Mergers & Acquisitions Practice. Mr. Allinson has broad mergers and acquisitions experience, encompassing both public and private acquisitions, dispositions, carve-outs, tender offers, going-private transactions, co-investments, joint ventures and general corporate matters, including corporate governance and takeover defense.
Mr. Allinson primarily focuses his practice on the representation of private equity firms, including The Blackstone Group, Blue Road Capital, Charter House Capital Partners, Columbus Nova Partners, CCMP Capital Advisors (JPMP), Consonance Capital Partners, Irving Place Capital, The Goldman Sachs Power Group, One Equity Partners, Ospraie Special Opportunities Group and Panda Power Funds. He has also represented a wide range of public and private companies such as AMC Entertainment, AOL, Cogentrix Energy, Covanta Holding Corporation, Fermaca Global, Genband, Global Crossing, ING U.S., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, Moneyline Telerate, Noble Environmental Power, Opnext, Inc., PQ Corporation, Sabre Holdings, US Power Generation and Westcom Corporation.
Mr. Allinson was recognized as a leading lawyer in the 2008 IFLR 1000 guide. He was also recognized for his work in private equity transactions in The Legal 500 US 2012 and 2008 guide, and Chambers USA 2009.
Recent Speaking Engagements
- PLI Seminar - Fourteenth Annual: Private Equity Forum, July 8-9, 2013
- PLI Seminar - Thirteenth Annual: Private Equity Forum, July 2012
- Leveraged M&A in an Uncertain World – Private Equity Rights and Remedies, June 2012
Mr. Allinson's experience includes the representation of:
- The Blackstone Group in its US$1.5 billion investment in Cheniere Energy
- Global Crossing in its US$3 billion stock for stock merger with Level 3
- ING U.S. in its sale of private equity limited partnership investment interests to Pomona Capital
- Chemlogics Group in its US$1.4 billion sale to Solvay USA Inc.
- One Equity Partners in a number of transactions, including its investment in and sale of Moneyline Telerate, investment in and sale of Savvis Inc. equity, its sale of Westcom Corporation, its investment in Genband Inc., its carve-out acquisition of Nortel Networks carrier VoIP and Application business, its acquisition of Precision Gear, its PIPE investment in Clipper Wind Power and OEP’s acquisition of East Balt Inc.
- Sabre Holdings in its US$5.4 billion take private sale to Texas Pacific Group and Silver Lake
- Covanta Holding Corporation in its carve-out acquisition of Veolia Environment's US and Canadian-based energy-from-waste businesses
- CCMP Capital Advisors and PQ Corporation in the US$1.5 billion sale of PQ Corporation to The Carlyle Group
- The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. and Cogentrix Energy, Inc. in a number of transactions, including the carve-out sale of 14 Cogentrix Energy power projects to Energy Investors Funds and the sale of Cogentrix Energy’s North American power generation assets and power projects development platform to Carlyle Infrastructure Partners
- Highbridge Capital Management in the creation of a US$1 billion joint venture with Louis Dreyfus
- Ospraie Special Opportunities Group in a number of transactions, including the creation of the Fermaca Global joint venture, Fermaca Global’s acquisition of Mexican pipeline assets and Fermaca Global’s development of the Chihuahua Pipeline
- Tunstall Healthcare, a unit of Charterhouse Capital Partners, in its acquisition of American Medical Alert Corp., a public company
- AMC Entertainment, JP Morgan Partners and Apollo Management, L.P. in its acquisition of Loews Cineplex Entertainment Corporation
- LS Power Equity Partners in its US$1.6 billion carve-out acquisition of Duke Energy Corporation’s North American wholesale power generation assets outside the Midwest
- Opnext, Inc. in its stock for stock merger with Oclaro, Inc.