Chris Lester is a corporate counsel based in the Abu Dhabi office of Latham & Watkins. Mr. Lester specializes in complex public and private mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and restructurings. He routinely represents Middle East government related entities on outbound and regional investments.
Mr. Lester was based in London from 2002 to 2008 before relocating to the Middle East.
Mr. Lester's representative transactions include advising:
- Mubadala on the US$15 billion merger of EMAL and DUBAL to form Emirates Global Aluminium
- Mubadala on mining investments in the Republic of Guinea
- Government of Dubai on the restructuring of Dubai World
- Credit Suisse on Qatar Holding’s £5.6 billion investment in Credit Suisse
- A major Qatari financial institution on its proposed acquisition of a major GCC financial institution
- Tawazun on various joint ventures and acquisitions in the aerospace and defense sectors
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch on Etihad's acquisition of a stake in Jet Airways
- Spectrum Equity Investors/Global World Check on its acquisition of IntegraScreen, a due diligence business operating in the UAE and Asia
- Xstrata on its US$1.7 billion acquisition of a one-third interest in the Cerrejon coal mining operation from Glencore International and on various other matters*
- Louis Vuitton Moet Hennessy on its offer for Glenmorangie*
*Matter handled while at a previous firm