Casey T. Fleck advises clients in connection with corporate and securities laws and has extensive experience in connection with a broad range of corporate transactions, including:
- Public and private securities offerings
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Corporate restructurings
- Tender offers and consent solicitations
He represents public and private companies, investment banks and private equity funds.
Mr. Fleck was named by the Daily Journal as one of the “Top 20 Under 40” lawyers in the state of California, one of the “40 Under 40” by The M&A Advisor, one of the “Forty Under Forty” by Investment Dealers’ Digest and was selected the 2013 “Southern California Rising Star” by Super Lawyers for his work in Corporate and Business practice areas. He also has been repeatedly selected for inclusion in Chambers USA and The Legal 500 US. Mr. Fleck has contributed to various publications, including co-authoring a chapter on “US and UK Tender Offers, Exchange Offers and Other Out-of-Court Restructurings” in The Law and Practice of Restructurings in the UK and US.
Representative transactions in which Mr. Fleck has been involved include:*
- High-yield financings, investment grade bond offerings and convertible debt offerings, including those by Accellent Corporation, Aircastle, Griffin Coal Mining Company, Regal Entertainment Group and Steinway Musical Instruments
- Initial public offerings of FTD Group, Grubb & Ellis Realty Advisors, Herbalife, PETCO Animal Supplies, Regal Entertainment Group and SunPower
- The Walt Disney Company’s acquisition of Pixar Animation Studios
- Acquisitions of PETCO Animal Supplies by a consortium of private equity sponsors led by Leonard Green & Partners and Texas Pacific Group
- UGC Europe, Inc. in connection with its restructuring of approximately US$10 billion of indebtedness by United Pan-Europe Communications, NV through multijurisdictional insolvency proceedings and UGC Europe’s initial listing on NASDAQ
- Wynn Resorts and its subsidiaries in connection with several financing and refinancing transactions
- Fox Paine in connection with a series of recapitalization transactions involving Alaska Communications Systems Group through public equity offerings, debt issuance and tender offers for existing high-yield notes
- Vulcan, Inc. in connection with refinancings and restructurings of of indebtedness by Charter Communications and its subsidiaries
- Oaktree Capital Management and New Bristol Farms in connection with its sale to Albertsons Stores
- VISA U.S.A. in connection with the combination of the Visa regional associations that resulted in the formation and initial public offering of Visa Inc.
* These matters were completed while employed at another law firm.