Latham has been advising clients in Singapore and across the Asia Pacific region for more than 20 years, representing corporations, financial institutions and governmental agencies on complex and innovative corporate and financing transactions including many of the largest, and often leading edge, transactions ever completed in South and Southeast Asia. The firm represents US, European, Middle Eastern and Asian companies conducting business across Asia-Pacific, and it represents Asian companies in their direct investment activities and capital market transactions in the United States, Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
Latham consistently earns top rankings from international legal publications for its work in jurisdictions across South and Southeast Asia, including in Singapore, Indonesia, India, the Philippines, Thailand and Vietnam.
The firm’s lawyers in the Singapore office speak a number of Asian and European languages including Bahasa Indonesia, Chinese (Mandarin and Cantonese), French, Gujarati, Hindi, Japanese, Kannada, Korean, Malayalam, Portuguese, Spanish and Tamil.
Key Practice Strengths
Latham’s key practice areas in Singapore include:
Awards & Rankings
Latham is recognized as one of the leading international law firms in Singapore and has been named:
- “Most Innovative US Law Firm of the Year” by IFLR in 2012
- “Energy & Natural Resources Law Firm of the Year” by Asian Legal Business in 2011
- “International Deal Firm of the Year” by Asian Legal Business in 2012
The Singapore office houses a number of the region’s most prominent practices, where Latham’s lawyers have been presented with the prestigious titles of:
In the 2013 edition of Chambers Asia-Pacific, Latham received Band 1 rankings (the highest commendation) for its practice areas in Singapore, including:
- “Project Finance Team of the Year” by IFLR in 2012
- “International Capital Markets Team of the Year” by IFLR in 2012
- “International M&A Team of the Year” by IFLR/Asialaw in 2011 and 2010
- Capital Markets: International – “This highly regarded US firm maintains its reputation as a key player in the Singapore market. The group also has a strong presence in the wider region, including key markets such as Indonesia and India.”
- Corporate/M&A: International – “The firm is well versed in both public and private M&A transactions, and acts for a number of large Asian corporates and private equity funds.”
- Projects & Energy: International - “This practice remains at the forefront of the market, as signified by its routine appointment on high-profile project development and financing matters. The team’s transactional footprint covers Asia-Pacific, the Middle East, Europe and beyond.”
Further, Latham was highly recommended for banking & finance work out of Singapore, stating: “The team is especially active in the Indonesian market, where it has been involved in a number of headline deals in the natural resources sector.”