Since opening in 1997, lawyers in Latham & Watkins’ Silicon Valley office have provided the region’s businesses with sophisticated legal services by drawing on Latham’s deep strength and internationally recognized expertise.
Today, the Silicon Valley office is one of the largest in the area and one of the few firms in Silicon Valley regularly advising companies in all stages of growth across the myriad business and legal issues that they face every day, from start-up formation and capital raising to complex cross-border merger and acquisitions, technology transactions and high-stakes litigation for multinational corporations.
A Market-Leading Combination of Transactional and Trial Expertise
The lawyers in Latham's Silicon Valley office provide day-to-day corporate and strategic advice to companies at all stages of growth. They regularly represent clients in venture capital and debt financings, initial public offerings, mergers and acquisitions, and technology transactions.
Trial lawyers in the Silicon Valley office handle a variety of civil business disputes at both the federal and state level, with a focus on intellectual property, mergers and acquisitions, antitrust and securities litigation. These lawyers provide in-depth counseling and extensive experience in litigation, alternative dispute resolution and internal investigations to plaintiffs and defendants, focusing on high-stakes disputes and cutting-edge legal issues.
The Silicon Valley office’s clients come from a variety of industries, including:
Awards & Rankings
- Named the 2011 “Top Emerging Companies Practice in California” by the Daily Journal
- Ranked in Band 1 in the US for Mergers & Acquisitions by Chambers US 2012
- Ranked in Band 1 in California for Life Sciences, Information Technology & Outsourcing by Chambers US 2012
- Ranked in Band 1 in California for Debt and Equity Capital Markets by Chambers US 2012
- In 2012, a Silicon Valley-based partner was named among the "Most powerful and influential women in California"