Providing Integrated Legal Counsel Across South & Southeast Asia
Latham has been advising clients in Singapore and across the Asia-Pacific region for more than 20 years, representing corporations, financial institutions and governmental agencies on complex and innovative corporate and financing transactions including many of the largest, and often leading edge, transactions ever completed in South and Southeast Asia. The firm represents Asian, US, European and Middle Eastern companies conducting business across Asia-Pacific, and represents Asian companies in their direct investment activities and capital markets transactions globally.
Latham consistently earns top rankings from international legal directories for its work in jurisdictions across South and Southeast Asia, including in Singapore, Indonesia, India, Korea, Laos, the Philippines, Thailand and Vietnam.
The firm’s lawyers in the Singapore office speak a number of languages including Bahasa Indonesia, Bahasa Malaysia, Chinese (Mandarin and Cantonese), French, German, Greek, Hindi, Japanese, Kannada, Malayalam, Spanish, Tamil and Vietnamese.
Key Practice Strengths
Latham’s key practice areas in Singapore include:
Awards & Rankings
Latham is recognized as one of the leading international law firms in Singapore and has been named:
- “Most Innovative US Law Firm of the Year” by IFLR in 2013
- “Energy & Natural Resources Law Firm of the Year” by Asian Legal Business in 2013
- “International Deal Firm of the Year” by Asian Legal Business in 2012
The Singapore office houses a number of the region’s most prominent practices, where Latham’s lawyers have been presented with the prestigious titles of:
In the 2014 edition of Chambers Asia-Pacific, Latham received Band 1 rankings (the highest commendation) for its practice areas in Singapore, including:
- “Project Finance Team of the Year” by IFLR in 2012
- “International Capital Markets Team of the Year” by IFLR in 2012
- “International M&A Team of the Year” by IFLR/Asialaw in 2011 and 2010
Further, Latham was highly recommended for its work across a number of other practices in Singapore, including energy & natural resources; banking & finance; and technology, media and telecoms.
- Capital Markets: International – “A deeply experienced team with a strong presence across South and South-East Asia. Provides both US and UK law advice on the full range of capital markets transactions, including SEC-registered deals, rights offerings, private placements, and high-yield and convertible bonds.”
- Corporate/M&A: International – “Has impressive transactional credentials across the region, particularly in Singapore, Indonesia and India, with capabilities in US, English and Singapore law. A popular choice among leading corporates and investment banks.”
- Projects & Infrastructure: International - “Prominent across Asia in relation to project financing. Regularly advises financial institutions on the most high-profile projects, and also undertakes significant work for sponsors.”