Providing Integrated Legal Counsel Across Asia
Latham has been advising clients in Singapore and across Asia-Pacific for more than 20 years. Lawyers in the Singapore office represent corporations, financial institutions and governmental agencies on complex corporate and financing transactions, offering innovative advice on many of the largest transactions in the region. With particular expertise in South and Southeast Asia, the office represents Asian, US, European and Middle Eastern companies conducting business across the region, and Asian companies in their direct investment activities and capital markets transactions globally.
Consistently ranked in the top tiers by leading international legal directories, Latham earns praise for its work in jurisdictions across Asia-Pacific, including Singapore, Australia, Indonesia, India, Korea, Laos, the Philippines, Thailand and Vietnam.
Lawyers in the Singapore office speak a number of languages including Bahasa Indonesia, Bahasa Malaysia, Chinese (Mandarin and Cantonese), French, German, Greek, Hindi, Japanese, Kannada, Malayalam, Spanish and Tamil.
Key Practice Strengths
Latham’s key practice areas in Singapore include:
Awards & Rankings
Latham is recognized as one of the leading international law firms in Singapore and has been named:
- “International Deal Firm of the Year” by Asian Legal Business in 2014
- “Global Law Firm of the Year” by Project Finance International in 2014
- “Pro Bono Law Firm of the Year” by IFLR Asia 2014
- “Most Innovative US Law Firm of the Year” by IFLR in 2013
- “Energy & Natural Resources Law Firm of the Year” by Asian Legal Business in 2013
In the 2015 edition of Chambers Asia-Pacific, Latham received Band 1 rankings (the highest commendation) for its practice areas in Singapore, including:
- Capital Markets: International – "Strong bench of dedicated practitioners with extensive experience in the region. Demonstrates expertise in rights offerings, convertible bonds, high-yield investment and exchange offers." "Deal-oriented, focused lawyers who are good at navigating local issues."
- Projects & Infrastructure: International – “A regional juggernaut, widely noted for its prominent roles on headline projects, particularly in respect of financing.” “An experienced bench of Singapore-based practitioners offers deep expertise across South-East Asia and Australia.” "Hardcore projects guys who know their way around development and financing."
Further, Latham was highly recommended for its work across a number of other practices in Singapore, including Corporate/M&A, Energy & Natural Resources, Banking & Finance, and Technology, Media and Telecoms. While Singapore-based lawyers have also been ranked in the top tier of lawyers Asia-wide and in a number of regional markets including Indonesia, India, Laos, Thailand and Vietnam.