Providing Integrated Legal Counsel Across Asia
Latham has been advising clients in Singapore and across Asia-Pacific for more than 20 years. Lawyers in the Singapore office represent corporations, financial institutions and governmental agencies on complex corporate and financing transactions, offering innovative advice on many of the largest transactions in the region. With particular expertise in South and Southeast Asia, the office represents Asian, US, European and Middle Eastern companies conducting business across the region, and Asian companies in their direct investment activities and capital markets transactions globally.
Consistently ranked in the top tiers by leading international legal directories, Latham earns praise for its work in jurisdictions across Asia-Pacific, including Singapore, Australia, Indonesia, India, Korea, Laos, the Philippines, Thailand and Vietnam.
Lawyers in the Singapore office speak a number of languages including Bahasa Indonesia, Bahasa Malaysia, Chinese (Mandarin and Cantonese), French, German, Greek, Hindi, Japanese, Kannada, Malayalam, Spanish, Tamil and Vietnamese.
Key Practice Strengths
Latham’s key practice areas in Singapore include:
Awards & Rankings
Latham is recognized as one of the leading international law firms in Singapore and has been named:
- “International Deal Firm of the Year” by Asian Legal Business in 2014
- “Most Innovative US Law Firm of the Year” by IFLR in 2013
- “Energy & Natural Resources Law Firm of the Year” by Asian Legal Business in 2013
In the 2014 edition of Chambers Asia-Pacific, Latham received Band 1 rankings (the highest commendation) for its practice areas in Singapore, including:
- Capital Markets: International – “A deeply experienced team with a strong presence across South and South-East Asia. Provides both US and UK law advice on the full range of capital markets transactions, including SEC-registered deals, rights offerings, private placements, and high-yield and convertible bonds.”
- Corporate/M&A: International – “Has impressive transactional credentials across the region, particularly in Singapore, Indonesia and India, with capabilities in US, English and Singapore law. A popular choice among leading corporates and investment banks.”
- Projects & Infrastructure: International – “Prominent across Asia in relation to project financing. Regularly advises financial institutions on the most high-profile projects, and also undertakes significant work for sponsors.”
Further, Latham was highly recommended for its work across a number of other practices in Singapore, including Energy & Natural Resources, Banking & Finance, and Technology, Media and Telecoms.
Singapore-based lawyers have also been ranked in the top tier of lawyers Asia-wide and in a number of regional markets including Indonesia, India, Laos, Thailand and Vietnam.