Latham’s Aerospace, Defense & Government Services Industry Group has assisted industry companies with the development and revision of codes of conduct, as well as specific policies in almost every area, capturing the requirements of multiple jurisdictions for which they advise.
Latham's team of trade controls practitioners has guided many companies through the complex global trade control regimes. The firm has handled challenging and significant legal and policy matters arising under import and export control laws and regulations, including at national and international levels, such as:
- Analysis of proposed transactions and business relationships
- Design, implementation, assessment and enhancement of compliance programs
- Due diligence in mergers and acquisitions
- Internal investigations and voluntary disclosures
- Responding to and defending against government investigations and enforcement actions
- Securing government approvals
Latham also monitors introduction of new legislation, and has extensive experience helping businesses navigate anti-corruption rules, from the early stages of compliance policy development to the mature stages of investigation and enforcement defense.
At the litigation level, Latham's lawyers have substantial experience in:
- Bribery and gratuities
- Defective pricing
- Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA)
- Grand jury and inspector general investigations relating to product substitutions
- Procurement integrity matters
Latham's team has represented aerospace and defense companies in civil matters that include contract interpretation disputes, insurance coverage issues and prime/subcontractor disputes. Additionally, Latham has experience providing counseling and handling regulatory work on all sides of various foreign and domestic procurement matters.
The firm helps companies navigate evolving, complex procurement laws and procedures arising from national security and homeland defense initiatives, and also advises federal contractors on various labor matters.