WEB, or Women Enriching Business, is a two-pronged initiative designed to promote women in business, by creating broader networks and productive business relationships, and by attracting and investing in the long-term success of women.
Many of the firm's offices host events geared toward women in business, as well as internal programs focusing on mentoring, education and increasing the visibility of women role models throughout the firm. WEB also teams with clients' women's initiative groups to provide speaking and networking opportunities.
Latham WEB is a proud sponsor of The New York Women's Foundation, National Association of Women Lawyers, National Association of Women Judges, and Women in Law Empowerment Forum and Working Mother Media.
WEB has many clear-cut objectives, including to:
- Address the interests that clients have in working with a more diverse team
- Increase visibility of a variety of role models
- Promote the development of informal mentoring relationships
- Provide networking opportunities at Latham events
- Provide business development training and coaching
- Raise awareness about the firm's benefits and resources